Thursday, May 3, 2007

lucky girl

the last few days have brought me to places that sit so still. and in the midst, i am reminded that there is a series of small miracles everyday that keep me alive. miracles of timing, of impulse, conversations left unsaid, people seen or not seen, opportunities and mistakes lost and grasped.

i have been reminded, too, that i have great friends. each of them represents a world in me, a world not born until they arrived.

sitting here, feeling drained of everything good in me...my heart, heavy and unforgiving, i feel their smiles hovering in the background, reminding me that happiness is something worth working for in a million tiny ways. and it will never look the way you think it will.

i am touched by their simple and generous consideration, something as small as 'how are you' in the middle of everyone vying for their attention. and i will never be able to thank them with the kind of honesty and fullness they deserve.

i am a lucky girl.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com